Thursday, December 21, 2006

No Snow This Holiday? No Problem!

Wondering what to do on your holiday vacation with the downhill skiing way below par? Go winter hiking in the Adirondacks wilderness!

Although I bemoan the lack of snow like everyone, I must say that I've never seen winter hiking as good as it is now. Yesterday, the 20th, was a hiker's dream. A frozen Siamese Ponds Wilderness trail with very little ice, cloudless blue skies, and a temperature just above freezing.

My client and I luxuriated in the stillness, feasted our eyes on the extraordinary views of Eleventh Mountain and its neighboring hills, studied animal tracks, and gloried in the wintry beauty of the Sacandaga River.

And when the snow hits, and it will, explore snowshoeing in the Adirondacks wilderness.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home