Friday, March 02, 2007

More Snow!

Looking for Adventure this Snowy Weekend?
March 3 Snowshoeing & Animal Tracking
March 4 Winter Wilderness Birding


Late this morning I was very worried. The National Weather Service changed its "snow and sleet" forecast to "rain and freezing rain" for the Siamese Ponds Wilderness region (North Creek, Johnsburg, North River). But at one o'clock this afternoon the freezing rain changed to wet snow, and an hour later a fluffy snow was falling. Yay! We'll be dealing with some icy crustiness underfoot, but with more snow in the forecast, we're all set for the great snowshoeing and skiing to continue.

Photo of skier at Gore Mountain by Brian Wallace

And, better yet, another cold blast and more snow is coming through early next week. I'm happy we're going to be able to hang on to the white stuff. I don't see how we'll see bare ground until April. I'd like to keep the snow, not just for Adirondack Safaris' March events, but because I love the wilderness in winter. I love being able to see the mountains through the trees--the views are so beautiful.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home