Tuesday, March 06, 2007

Warm-Up for the Weekend

I'm not happy if I can't get out for at least an hour or two in the wilderness each morning. Yes, I know, I'm spoiled rotten living where I do, but the cold today was out of my league of tolerance. -25 to -35 windchill isn't something I can deal with no matter how many handwarmers, toewarmers, turtle furs, sweaters, and face masks I put on. And tonight, we're going to -25 degrees. No, that's not the windchill factor. That's how cold it's going to get Fahrenheit.

Tomorrow it's supposed to get up to 15 degrees as a high temp, and I don't care about the damn windchill, I'm going downhill skiing. I'm also going for a hike with the dog on the mountain road.

The good news we'll be starting to warm-up by Friday, and warmer temps are on the way for the weekend and beyond.

Kate Hartley, a well-known watercolorist in North River, and I met today, or should I say, huddled today, at Marsha's Restaurant in North Creek to plan our April 28th Wilderness Watercolor Journaling Day. Doesn't that sound like fun? I'm always trying to put together wilderness experiences that are different, fun, and combine the arts with hiking and the outdoors. Stay tuned as I get our information up on the website!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home