Wednesday, May 09, 2007

Mother's Day Morning Birding & Wildflower Adventure 9am-12pm $20/adults; $10 children


The two days I spent hiking near Lake George were simply beautiful. The weather was perfect--sunny and not too warm, unlike today which got up to a dry 83 degrees.

The trail I found deep in the Lake George Wilderness in Fort Ann was spectacular. A wide carriage trail led to a spectacular waterfall, then descended to the shores to a sheltered bay on the east side of Lake George. What a delightful place to sit on a warm day, under the white and red pines of Sheltered Rock Bay. I wished I'd had a picnic and a good book with me.

I must confess it took me forever to find this unmarked trail. The guide I had took liberties with the English language--very confusing directions. Eventually, after much driving and hiking down dead ends, I found it, and it was well worth the frustration. Still, it's a very long drive from the village of Lake George and is not for everyone.

Can you believe I still haven't forced myself to sit down with my new camera's manual? As a result I have to rely on this photo of Lake George taken from the top of Buck Mountain, which is in the general area where I hiked yesterday.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home