Friday, April 27, 2007

I'm looking out on a dark and dreary world today. It's been raining, not too hard, but after my wilderness excursion with Sophie early this morning, I'd just as soon not hop in the car for the errands I planned to do. So, with most Adirondack hiking trails muddy and uninviting today, I'm settling for being indoors with wildlife.

I'm brushing up on my bird songs online and on CD. Have you ever visited "All about Birds," part of the Cornell Lab of Ornithology website? I consider it one of the best birding sites. Each individual bird entry includes a link to the song and call of each bird. Besides all the information about bird species, the site also includes several games and even a "Quiz of the Week." Do you have a favorite birding website? If so, please share by leaving a comment.

I'm also reading Coyote: Seeking the Hunter in Our Midst by Catherine Reid. Reid's a wonderful nature writer who lives in Western Massachusetts and her research, observations, and encounters with coyotes make this book a must-read for fans of Canis latrans.

My Viewpoint article "Coyotes of the Adirondacks" will be appearing in the July issue of Adirondack Explorer. I also wrote an article "Women Guides of the Adirondacks" for that issue. If you love the Adirondack wilderness, you'll enjoy getting acquainted with this publication.

1 Comments:

Blogger Rebecca Leonard said...

Judith,
Congratulations on your "Coyotes of the Adirondacks" in the July issue of Adirondack Explorer, as well as your article "Women Guides of the Adirondacks". I subscribe to that publication and can't recommend it enough! My son and I have just penned our first book, "Adirondack Nightmare: A Spooky Tale in the North Country" and it's finally published! We're very excited, of course. It can be seen at www.rebeccaleonard.com. Take care, I'm just learning the blogging thing. This is great.

Saturday, April 28, 2007  

Post a Comment

<< Home