Tuesday, March 13, 2007

Snowshoeing in Shorts and T-Shirt?

Easy Mountain Snowshoeing Sun. March 18
The weather on Sunday is predicted to be in the high 30s, with a chance of a light flurry. Perfect for snowshoeing!

Vernal Equinox Snowshoe Celebration Sat. March 24

And, of course, Personalized Snowshoe Safaris Anytime

Today the temperature rose to a high of 56 degrees. Too warm, too soon, in my opinion. Our mountain road is awash with mud. Tomorrow when the rains come, I may not get my minivan up the mountain and I'll have to be rescued by Black Bear, Ken's hefty Toyota pick-up.

I was out snowshoeing today in a light-weight fleece top over a jersey and some slacks. I didn't wear shorts, but I could have. The only problem would have been the sopping wet, icy snow I kicked up with each step. Fortunately for the snow lovers, a cold front is coming through on Friday.

Yesterday I snowshoed on a trail just to the west of the western slopes of Gore Mountain, the wild side of the mountain. To get there, I had to snowshoe within sight of Chatiemac Lake, a private lake. (I was on a New York State trail.) People owning lakes and parts of rivers do get my dander up from time to time, especially when they own them in the Adirondack Park, the largest state park in the country. In my opinion, no one should own the waters of the world or the shorelines of oceans, as is the case in England.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home