Friday, March 30, 2007

A Peak Snowshoe Trip & Spring Event Planning

The skiers' snowshoe adventure on Wednesday was beyond belief, it was so wonderful. First of all, the weather could not have been more perfect--not a cloud in the bluest of skies and temps neither too warm nor too cold. But the best part were thewomen--what a group! Enthusiastic, witty, funny, and full of good spirits. I don't know when I've laughed so much or so hard. It was a "10" kind of day. I wish I had some photos to show--many were taken, but not by me, due to a sad camera death. A new one is on the way because I can't bear not to be able to record the kind of peak experience we all shared on Wednesday.

Spring Birding Safaris Are Underway

At home I've been up in my office, working fiendishly on the Spring version of the Adirondack Safaris website. Many spring birding, hiking, and wildflower events have been planned for April and May, and, new this year, two Nature Journaling workshops in late April (before the black flies make it hard to sit still in the wilderness.)

If you like the idea of visually and verbally recording your experiences as you hike, you may wish to check out the Nature Journaling Workshop on Saturday, April 21 and the Wilderness Watercolor Journaling on Saturday, April 28, with noted and award-winning Adirondack watercolorist Kate Hartley. I can't wait. My watercolor pencils are all set to go!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home