Tuesday, March 27, 2007

We're Still Snowshoeing

Tomorrow I'll be snowshoe guiding a group of women downhill skiers from the Gore Mountain Ladie's Escape program. The skis will stay at home, although there's still many days of spring skiing left at the mountain. The Big Snowshoe Day is the group's end-of-the season event, and afterwards, we'll head to The Black Mountain for a delicious lunch. They're a gung ho group, and that will make the day lots of fun. I'm hoping that at the wild pond where the otters hang out, we'll see lots of tracks. With tomorrow's promise of bright sun, we'll be hearing a symphony of birds, and may see mink, fisher,and beaver scrambling about.

It's official: Garnet Hill Lodge in North River is hosting a Birding Discovery Package Weekend during the peak songbird migration, May 18-20, and I'm so glad I'm going to be the birding guide. I'm looking forward to birding with a group that I'll have the time to really get to know. Please follow the link above for details. I'll be sharing more about it in coming days.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home