Tuesday, May 01, 2007

News Flash: Sunny, warm weather for This Weekend's Birding Safaris!!
Early Spring Migrants Hikes: Saturday, May 5 and Sunday, May 6 9am-2pm


Yesterday's high winds have made a huge impact on drying the trails. I'm so glad--That means it's time to hike into the really wild places in the Siamese Ponds Wilderness. The mountains need some more time to dry out, but I'll be climbing soon. Sunny, warm weather will rush this process, and we're due for this weather later this week and through the weekend.

Painted Trillium

I am so yearning to see wildflowers. I haven't spotted a single one yet, but they'll be appearing with the warm weather coming. Trout lilies, yellow wood violets, and red and painted trillium will brighten the woods still covered with last fall's leaves. It's time to pack my watercolor pencils and my nature journal and do some journaling.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home